My posts here are so random I wonder if anyone notices when I don't finish a subject so today I thought I'd give a fittingly random update to topics I have written about in the past such as, there was time when I was posting about our house being for sale and I purchased that ridiculous St. Joseph plastic figurine to bury in the yard. You are smart, you know that if the house sold I'd be writing up a storm about it. So there is really no need to say, our house hasn't sold. But I'll say it anyway. Our house hasn't sold. A worn sign still stands at the end of the driveway. No one has looked at it since July. We've talked about pulling up the sign because frankly, we can't keep our house clean since I'm working again but seeing as though no one has called about it since July the sign still stands. Secondly, we still want to downsize so the sign still stands. In sixteen years this is the longest we lived in one place and the only house the kids remember so we occasionally say we are going to call the Realtor one day and pull the sign but the sign still stands. If we stay, I have ideas for new projects around the house of course.
And with no transition into another topic...
I am thrilled I can continue to serve food at the Seven Hills Homeless Shelter even now that I am working again. I'm blessed to have an employer who encourages community service so I get to take a long lunch once a month to do it. Although I did miss last month due to us being in Florida, I was able to go last week. We have a lovely couple at church who plans, prepares and cleans up each month and I get to just show up to give a smiling face along with a hot meal to those who come for it. I feel completely inadequate that I don't do more.
And another...
I do not write for the Examiner out of Joplin anymore. I never actually got paid for the articles I wrote so I decided it just wasn't worth my time anymore.
I'm sure there are many more things I could cover but they all are so boring. Not much goes on around here other than listening to the school complain about my son's behavior, my husband complaining about my son's behavior, me sobbing in the laundry room about my son's behavior. Yep, that about sums it up.





November 13, 2010
Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you & will remember you in my prayers!