Week five of The Total Transformation Program is all about faulty thinking. As I sat and listened to the audio I thought yes, yes, yes through each point of discussion and when James Lehman casually used the term cognitive distortion I grabbed my iPad and googled it. There it was in black and white the term used by psychologists that I have not known to use as I have sat in many therapists offices. I have tried explaining our situation over and over but now that I know the language I should be using is, "He suffers from cognitive distortion," maybe, just maybe a therapist will know how to help. I say that knowing we have actually done all the things James says to do to help Dylan with this faulty thinking and still after all this time he has faulty thinking. Is it possible some children can't be trained?
This is the question I have asked myself this afternoon as I use my own form of faulty thinking as I have a pity party in my mind.




