twitter


For a girly girl, I don't have a lot of clothes, for a few reasons.

1. I shrink them and then they won't fit.
2. I buy something thinking I'll lose that last 5 lbs and then I gain 5lbs so it won't fit at all.
3. I spill food or drink on them.
4. I wear them out until the threads start fraying. 
5. I'll just end up wearing the same thing over and over so why have too many options.

Each year I will buy one or two pieces for the season and will wear them everywhere I go. It turns into my signature for the season.  Sometimes I buy something trendy and decide when I get home that it just won't work for me but typically I buy one or two trendy pieces that I wear until one of reasons 1-5 occur. 

When I found my outfit for the season I showed it to Randy to see what he thought and his words were, "Where will you wear it?" As if I was buying a ballgown. I said excited, everywhere!

My signature outfit is this getup. 
I think I'm too old to shop at Old Navy but I did it anyway. You can't see the boots but that was my risky purchase of the season. Randy insisted Ugg knockoffs were out of trend now but I disagreed not really knowing for sure since I don't buy fashion magazines. It always cracks me up when he acts like he knows more about fashion than I do. I plan to wear this Tuesday, on my next girls night out, Thanksgiving, holiday party at Cheryl's, and so many more places!

I started thinking about all my other past fashion statements and wondered if other people do this too.  If I had time I would dig up old photos of my "trendy" clothes. I've attempted a few fashion statements that were well,  unique. 


2 comments:

  1. Here are my top reasons for having few clothes:
    1. I can never find exactly what I want.
    2.Stains, stains, stains
    3.No time to shop
    4.Limited stores in my area
    5.If I see someone wearing something I have, I usually don't wear it again. I hate seeing someone else wearing what I have, it's a weird hangup of mine.
    I love the outfit and feel free to wear it everywhere!
    You have always had interesting things to wear but nothing will compare to the purple and black striped shirt with the holes in the shoulders! Yuck!

  1. You as so NOT too old to shop at Old Navy!

    Amy H