My mom came over today so we could do some pre-Turkey Day cooking together. Growing up or as an adult I haven't done much cooking with my mom and I hope we start doing this more often. It's neat to learn how she does things since she cooked for a family of six - she can be very resourceful.
It didn't cross my mind to get a photo of us preparing together but I did get some pictures as a sneak peek to our feast.
I am trying a new cranberry sauce recipe this year from Martha Stewart.
Mom made a delicious looking Pecan Pie.
My rude husband walked in when I was so excited to learn how one was made and exclaimed, "I hate pecan pie!" This is why his nickname as a kid was Randy-Rude, he hasn't outgrown it.
We worked on pumpkin pies, deviled eggs and this delicious cookie recipe I got from Giada. I LOVE this cookie recipe. I'm reluctant to share it with anyone but I will give it to you because it is so easy and will make you look like a gourmet chef.
Bake a sheet of sugar cookie dough then let it cool. Spread a thin layer of orange marmalade over the cooled cookie. Next, sprinkled chopped walnuts that you have previously toasted in the oven for a few minutes. Melt baking chocolate in the microwave and drizzle it across the sheet of cookie. Cut with a pizza cutter into squares.
Tomorrow my sisters and mom are coming over early so we can all cook together for the first time ever!




