twitter


I am writing to say how much I appreciate the quality in your PowerShot A1100IS camera. I have owned the camera for a year now and recently lost it. My ADHD son found it nearly a week later right where he left it - outside.  The camera still works! Did I mention that it rained three times in the week it was missing? We are lucky in that the camera was placed near our house foundation so it didn't get covered in water but it still had some drying out to do. I blow dried the memory card and battery openings and still had to let it air dry for a few days. I was able to recover the photos my son took on the card. I have since recorded video and photographs with the device. I am quite impressed!


We have had a number of Canon products and have enjoyed all of them. Our last Canon camera wasn't so lucky when I dropped it on vacation after having it less than a year.  The menu buttons do not work but it still takes photos. 


You see, we have bad luck with nearly everything. We had to purchase the SD1100 after our Olympus was damaged.  My husband was playing a joke on his Stepmother but the joke was on us instead.  He dropped our Olympus in the swimming pool pretending it was an accident knowing it was an underwater camera that we had been enjoying for a year.  Immediately following my husband's bragging about how great the camera was we discovered that it was no longer an underwater camera. Sand had gotten into the camera and the seal no longer sealed tight enough. It takes photos but inconsistent and not good quality. 


We loved that camera. Sigh. Maybe we should have bought the Canon underwater.


We are on our third Canon SLR camera and only had to replace the last one due to wearing it out. We take a lot of photos. I do have one suggestion.  Could you program the SLR camera to calculate the number of photos taken on the device over its lifetime?

We love Canon so much that we have owned Canon video cameras too. As I mentioned before, we have bad luck. One of our digital video cameras was left in the car overnight on a snowy night in December against my suggestion of bringing it indoors.  This was one instance where I wish I was not able to say, told you so, to my husband when we discovered that it really wasn't going to work again due to the condensation build up. 

I'm wondering how much money we have spent over the years on electronics, specifically Canon products. Sigh.

Anyway, the point of my letter is to say, we love Canon and are happy that our latest purchase isn't in the trashcan right now. And BTW, I'm unemployed right now, do you think I could be the next "Jarrod" for Canon (as he was for Subway)?

With great anticpation to hear back....

1 comments:

  1. NICE!! This has to win the award (if there is one) for best title! I thought we had bad luck with cameras, but I see you've won the prize! I'm so glad you were able to recover the photos!!!