Dane has been bugging us about getting a phone since he was in Kindergarten. One day he came home from school telling me how all the kids at school had phones. Whatever.
With each year that passed he insisted that nearly all the kids had phones and when his 3 year old cousin got a phone he was so flustered he was practically speechless.
We knew there was no reason for him to actually need a phone so we ignored the pleas over and over again. I told him I was 22 years old before I got a cell phone but he didn't care. He said it was because there weren't cell phones when I was a kid. He's too smart for my sob stories.
We decided that since he did so well in elementary school, I'll be going back to work, he is entering middle school and will be given a little more freedom from us that now may be the time to buy one. The plan almost got derailed when he had the audacity to tell us he wanted an iPhone.
We found a phone online he wanted then went to the local AT&T store to see it in person. Before we left to get the phone he asked if I was bringing the camera. When I asked why he responded with, "I thought you'd want to get a picture of me getting my first phone."
Since his expectations were high on how monumental the moment would be when his phone arrived yesterday I made sure the camera was ready. Dane waited by the front door for the Fedex truck and was beyond excited when it arrived.
Besides Randy and myself, his cousin Megan was his first real text message. Then later in the night he enjoyed getting texts from his cousin Tina.
I didn't let him take it to VBS today since I knew it would be a distraction which seemed to defeat the purpose in having it I suppose.





July 16, 2010
and I was one of the lucky ones to get a phone call! I was thrilled! luv, Anita