twitter


This summer has flown by! I can't believe school is starting up in just three days for my 3rd grader.  It seems like yesterday that we were starting Kindergarten. I'm so glad the past three years has gone by fast. I hope the next 10 years fly just as fast. I'm kidding, sort of.

We bought our school supplies making a trip to both Walmart and Office Depot before getting dressed up for Open House on Thursday evening. Dylan was excited to get the teacher he had hoped for but there are only a few of his friends in the class. Dylan said he is ready to go back to school to see all his friends.  We are crossing our fingers and holding our breath that this year will be even better than last year.  For a parent of an ADHD child  or  one with special needs summer is by far the best time of the year and we may be the only type of parents who aren't ready to ship their child back to school when August arrives.  Summer means no calls or emails from the school and no parent-teacher conferences. Summer is the time when I can hide out and not feel exposed as the failure others seem to judge me for. It's the same for Dylan I imagine. Summer is the time where he is free to sleep as late as he wants, no timed tests, no writing assignments, no struggle to please and conform to the masses.

We didn't get a chance to get that haircut yet so maybe we can squeeze it in today.

1 comments:

  1. He is so handsome! Both of the boys are and yes, time is flying by! I am proud of how he has handled his unique challenges and also how you and Randy have handled them. Before you know it, it will all be a memory anyway! luv, Anita