twitter


For the last two years we have spent Independence Day at the ocean taking pleasure in a vacation from our lives and enjoying fireworks on the beach.  We tried not to spend the long weekend pining over Florida.  We didn't do much over the weekend which was fine with Randy and the boys but not so much for me. 

In an effort to jazz up this post I'm turning it into a list of 10 things we did over the holiday weekend. 

1. I spent time with my parents; it seemed like I hadn't seen them in ages. We had a great visit together without the interruption of kids.

2. We went out to eat over the weekend at the Catfish Hole in Fayetteville with my family and cousin Josh and his wife Lauren who were in town.

3. Randy and I played pool together, something we haven't done much of lately. Then the boys joined in for some doubles. I secretly wished the house wouldn't sell so we could keep our pool table.

4. My parents had a party on Saturday evening where the boys and the men shot off fireworks for us ladies to watch.  I ate too much for the second night in a row. 

5. I got to see the Twilight Saga Eclipse movie on Sunday. I loved the movie and want to see it again. 

6. On Monday the boys and I convinced Randy to take us fishing. I spent most of the time enjoying outdoors and laughing hysterically at this family of mine who clearly would have appeared to be misfits to the casual observer.

And because I meant what I said when I told you we didn't do much I'll have to stretch this list out a bit.

7. Had plenty of pity parties for myself.

8. Watched Buffy the Vampire episodes with the boys.

9. Conversed via email with Dylan's doctor over his new medicine.

10. Tried something new in the kitchen.

See, I told you we didn't do much.
A few of the items on my list I have photos to go with or want to write more details so I will break it down into separate posts. 

I hope your long weekend was what you wanted to do with your time.

0 comments: