twitter


I have never made Kabobs and have always wanted to. About three years ago I bought skewers and in a drawer they sat and sat and sat.  This past weekend I decided to jump right in and try to make something using them. And by jumping in I mean googling Kabobs and following Paula Deen's recipe found here.

Lime Chicken and Shrimp Kabobs. Yummy! I have never marinated food in a mixture that included lime as a main ingredient but oh boy did I love it!  We liked the shrimp more so than the chicken but as you know Randy and I are not in love with the white chicken breast. I can't wait to make these again when my sister visits.  I omitted the pineapple only because I didn't have any and substituted the vegetable oil for olive oil because that was what I had in my pantry.


We paired the kabobs with a platter of summer fruit.


It is a fun summer meal!

0 comments: