twitter



The boys and I begged Randy to take us fishing. We haven't been fishing as a family since 2006. Randy works for a fishing company and I have to pretend we are a fishing family when people assume we must be because of the company he works for.  Randy grew up fishing with his Dad and brother. When I met him he had stories after stories of hunting, fishing, camping at the cabin, and manual labor jobs. It wasn't until technology advanced that Randy discovered he is more of a electronics and information nerd, a complete indoors type of guy.  Somehow he ended up with two sons and no desire to hunt, fish or camp anymore. 


Randy gave in on Monday because he loves us all so much or he tired of our pleading cries. If anyone witnessed our outing, misfits is the word that would come to mind.  I laughed so hard at my family.  We had fishing line stuck on a weed, stuck in a tree, bait jumping around the ground, a kid insisting he didn't need help when he certainly did and another kid who refused to do anything on his own.  


Randy gave instructions to the boys in spite of their know-it-all approach.


The tiny fish kept eating our bait but never bit big enough to get their mouth over the hook. The boys re-baited their hooks over and over. First, we had crickets and then Randy went to get worms.


Dane at first refused to bait his hook but we made him try it.  


Randy was first irritated that he had to keep helping re-bait hooks, get fishing line out of trees, assist in recasting, etc. then he was irritated because fishing is boring to him. 


I just laughed and took photos. To mess with him I told him I only wanted to go because I had some fishing scrapbook paper left over and wanted to use it. 


Can you tell how much fun he is having?


Dylan was the last to pack up and didn't want to leave. He was very patient and wanted to wait it out for a fish. Dylan is a natural at fishing. He insists on baiting his own hook and surprised me by his ability to sit quietly and wait for a fish.



I just thought they looked too cute and couldn't stop taking photos.


We finally left and said goodbye to our friends.

 

2 comments:

  1. You are CRACKING ME UP!! Planning the fishing outing to use up some fishing paper sounds like something I would do! This was too cute. Again, more fond memories...gotta love it!

  1. yeppers, that overwhelming look of joy just beams on Randy's face when he's enjoying an outing! lol hugs, Anita